Well, my two-week break is over and I’ve started to translate the second volume of 〈Your and My Asylum〉, however, it’s been getting really busy lately at work so I’ve barely been able to write anything. I finished 〈Chapter 0〉, but that doesn’t really count since that’s barely 160 words long.
Anyway, I’m honestly having a bit of trouble with this volume since I don’t have any scans of the illustrations for volume 2 or any of the volumes that were released after that. I’m trying to make do by taking pictures with my phone, but that doesn’t really sit well with me. I’m fine with uploading it as is since 〈Your and My Asylum〉 doesn’t put that much emphasis on illustrations as much as 〈Dungeon Defense〉 does, but I do have to admit that it lowers motivation a tad bit.
So in conclusion, my translation speed is going to drop a fair amount since I’ve been very busy at work lately (and will continue to be busy until March) and trying to take a decent picture with my phone is an incredibly time-consuming task.
Regardless, that isn’t the main thing I wanted to talk about. The main thing is that I’ll be trying to get in contact with the author of 〈Your and My Asylum〉, Ryu Saerin. I want to ask them direct permission to continue translating their novel.
Although I’ve already translated volume 1.
At this point, I feel as if I have a fair amount of credibility since I’ve been translating 〈Dungeon Defense〉 and I’ve already received permission to translate that series, so I feel like it would only be right to also receive permission to translate 〈Your and My Asylum〉.
Therefore, I’ll be putting off from uploading chapters until I receive a response from them. I don’t think the author will flat out deny me, so you all don’t have to be too concerned. This doesn’t mean that I’ll stop translating. I’ll continue to translate during this wait, so if I do get permission, everything I’ve gotten done up until that moment will come out all at once. So expect a batch release.
Albeit, this will also depend on my patience. If it takes an incredibly long time to receive a response, then I may end up just posting anyway. If possible, I’ll try to refrain from doing this since it’d be disrespectful, but if the wait goes for much too long, then I’m not really sure what future me will do. I’ll continue to put up the status of my translations in the #announcement channel of the discord server.
I’m aware that some people may be upset by the fact that I’m holding back translations, but this is an important matter to me since even back when I first started to translate 〈Dungeon Defense〉, I’ve always placed an emphasis on respecting the author. So I humbly request that you all be patient alongside me.
Additional news, I’ll probably be putting up a FAQ page on my site since people keep coming around to ask me the same questions over and over again, so hopefully, this will help settle some inquiries which you guys might have.
As an apology for this rather long wall of text, have a Paimon fanart.